THE LEGAL FRAMEWORK OF THE MEAL VOUCHER
- The meal voucher is exempt from social charges for both employer and employee.
- It is free of taxes for the employee.
- The employer’s part is limited at 6,91 € and the minimum part of the employee is 1,09 € (representing a maximum facial value of 8 € per meal voucher).
- 2 € per meal voucher is fiscally deductible for the employer.
- Granting meal vouchers must be specified in an individual or collective labor agreement. Monizze can help you with this process.
- The number of meal vouchers must match the number of days worked.
- It must be issued in the employee’s name.
- The meal voucher is destined to pay for food or meals.
- It is valid for 12 months after issuance.
- The meal vouchers are used in order of validity, starting with the oldest first.
- The balance of a partially used meal voucher remains in the account and will be used in priority for the next transaction.
- The employee must be notified at least 10 days before the end of validity of his meal vouchers.
- Since January 1st 2007, independent business leaders can grant themselves meal vouchers.
The Royal Decrees are available in our Document Center.