Our acceptance network keeps growing: from your neighborhood boutique to supermarkets and major malls.
Key numbers about gift vouchers
Gift vouchers are fiscally interesting for both employers and employees, with a very advantageous legal framework for companies!
- Valid for 1 year
- Compared to an equivalent salary, you will save 65%
- Exempt from social contributions for 100%
- Per year, you can grant up to €40
What to buy with gift vouchers in Belgium?
We give you some gift ideas:
- Toys, games and game consoles
- Perfumes, body and facial care
- Tablet, headphones, camera and accessories
- Kitchen appliances and household products
- Museum visit, cinema ticket and amusement park
- And so much more!
55.000 companies choose Monizze
Here are all the why’s
Best value for money
of the market. Our rates are crystal clear. Optimize your cost structure thanks to Monizze!
Fast client service
Enjoy easily accessible and personal client service. You will not hear waiting music or endless menus.
Say bye-bye to administration and indirect costs. Voucher allocation is 100% automatic!
4-in-1 Monizze card
All your benefits on the same card. Consult your transactions, balance and so much more via our app and MyMonizze.
Are gift vouchers mandatory?
The name gives it away: a gift voucher is a fully-fledged gift and therefore cannot be made mandatory by any agreement. It is granted entirely on the employer’s own initiative. The granting cannot be formalised in an employment contract or collective agreement.
However, an employer who decides to give a gift voucher to his employees does have two special obligations:
- Principle of non-discrimination
The benefit must be granted to all employees of the company, regardless of:
- their age,
- their gender,
- their religious beliefs,
- their membership of a political party or trade union.
If this principle of non-discrimination is violated, the company concerned may be punished by law.
- Compliance with the legal threshold
To benefit from the social and tax exemption, the amount of benefits in the form of gift vouchers must not exceed the maximum amounts. These maximum amounts are set according to the occasion for which the gift voucher is offered:
- Saint Nicholas, Christmas and New Year: €40 per employee + €40 per child
- Honourable award: € 120
- Retirement: € 40 per year of service, with a minimum of € 120 and a maximum of € 1,000
- Marriage or declaration of legal cohabitation: €245
- Seniority bonus after 25 years of service: 1 time the gross monthly salary
- Seniority bonus after 35 years of service: 2 times the gross monthly salary
- Special occasions: maximum €50
Who can benefit from gift vouchers?
The benefit is subject to the principle of equality within the company. Under no circumstances can it be used as a means of pressure or punishment. The following employees may be entitled to these vouchers:
- Employees, regardless of their hierarchical position, seniority and level of skills.
- Company managers, as with employees, once they have entered into an employment contract.
- Trainees, who as required by law should have access to the same social and cultural activities as employees.
- Clients, to thank them in this way, as long as it is done in the interest of the company and in compliance with the legal limit of VAT. Vouchers with an amount below €125 are 100% deductible and exempt from taxes for the beneficiary. For higher amounts, vouchers are 50% deductible, and the beneficiary has to pay taxes on them.
How can I order Monizze gift vouchers?
Can I grant myself gift vouchers as a self-employed business manager?
A self-employed business manager may grant gift vouchers to himself. As a self-employed business leader, you must comply with the legal maximum amounts when ordering gift vouchers.
Find more information here.